Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Motivation #1

This dress is a Karen Millen silk dress and I bought it with the intention of wearing it whenever I wanted, as opposed to just on special occasions. It fitted me (just) until I had Charlie and then....well, I can get it on but it looks pretty tight. Feels pretty restricting, too! So, every now and then (usually around midnight for some reason) I try it on, along with other hopefuls - there are quite a few in this gang - and it motivates me into action. I will wear it again, without looking like an overstuffed sausage.

Weight: 8st 8.5
Fat: 28%
Exercise: 460 cals
Hotpants Workout and some resistance training using free weights. Later on: Cardio Box

Food today:

  • Shredded wheat (I know, a creature of habit)
  • brazil nuts
  • dried apricots
  • strawberries
  • wild and white rice, spinach, ham, houmous, cucumber, tomato, olives, red onion (have you noticed it's often a variation on a theme?)
  • chicken cooked with onion, chillis and spices, with thai salad and rice noodles
  • 4 pints of water
  • 2 cups of fresh black coffee (as usual)

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Oh, yes. The Clothes At The Back Of The Closet. The things I keep in the (so far) vain hope that I'll be able to wear them again one day. But now, if I'm honest, I should look at them again and decide whether they actually suited the younger me, not just a slimmer me. My face has aged a lot in the last 5 years; this doesn't really bother me except when I look at A, whose face fungus seems to conceal any signs of ageing. Or perhaps I keep him young? :-)

2:21 AM  
Blogger Melodee said...

I try on my "goal" clothes, too, usually at night! It is great motivation, I think.

--The Amazing Shrinking Mom
http://shrinkingmom.clubmom.com

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home