Friday, September 08, 2006

Me in 2004



Here is a nice little photo of me looking chubby. This is the roundest I've ever been. Funny how the excess fat doesn't go on evenly all round. I mean, when I gain pounds (I'm about a stone heavier in this photo, than I am now) it mainly pads out my hips. Okay, I do look fatter all over but my body-shape is completely different when I'm fatter. When I lose some fat, my hips slim down much faster than my waist, for instance. I wonder what my body-shape would be if I got the fat % down to, say, 23%.

Anyway, this morning I weigh 8st 9.5. But my fat content is back up to 30%. This is normal, at least for me. I know the fat percentage will catch up, but only as long as I exercise enough and don't diet too much. I'm dismayed when my weight goes down and the fat% doesn't change. This is very bad news, as it means I'm losing lean tissue and not fat. Cripes.

Today is shopping day, which means that I'll have something quick for my dinner tonight (maybe even a jar of Loyd Grossman pasta sauce "convenience meal". I can't help it. It's my treat and one of my favourites. Tomato and basil or tomato and roasted garlic, or chilli. But there are much worse convenience meals). Or maybe I'll resist the temptation and just have salad and mackerel.

By the way, check out this mother and daughter. I'm not suggesting body-building is for everyone (not me, anyway), but I look at people like this for inspiration. If I remember rightly Kelly (the older one, who is over 70) didn't start training until she was in her fifties. Look what she's achieved. Surely I can achieve a fraction of that?

Weight 8st 9.5

Fat 30%

Exercise 410cals (320 cals Davina's Cardio Box and Upper Body workout with weights and 1 minute cardio intervals, plus 90cals vigorous hoovering session whilst haer-rate still up - it's more effective).


Food today:

  • shredded wheat and milk (yes, my breakfasts are repetetive)
  • dried apricots and some olives (running out of food)
  • adzuki bean chilli
  • blackcurrants
  • tiny bag of yoghurt-coated cranberries
  • loyd Grossman bolognese sauce (much lower fat than his others) and brown pasta.
  • Brazil nuts
  • third of a bottle of Jacob's Creek Shiraz Rose
  • 4 pints of water
  • 2 cups of black coffee

Note: I have posted this in advance of the actual eating of it. I will amend it if it deviates from the plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home