Friday, September 15, 2006

Headache

It's another short post. I've had a headache for two days now, which I find extremely irritating, seeing as I'm being so healthy. It's all down to the tension in my neck, which is caused by all the little niggling worries at the back of my mind. Usually I have quite a symbiotic relationship with my Little Worries. I let them live with me and they in turn spur me into action (that should be scare me into action). But they must have got the better of me these last two days. Oh, how much I detest a headache! I did my Hotpants workout and some housework this morning, in the hope that the endorphins would banish the discomfort and it worked for about an hour. I'll get some root ginger this afternoon and make an infusion to drink. If that doesn't work, well ibuprofen is the last resort.

Sorry about this moaning.

Exercise: 300 cals Hotpants (plus another 100 for washing floors and the bathroom!)

Food today:
  • shredded wheat
  • ratatouille and chicken from yesterday (delicious it was, too)
  • huge apple from garden
  • brazil nuts
  • 2 Carr's cheese melt crackers
  • 1 cup of black coffee
  • 3 pints of water
  • watercress salad with mackerel, new potatoes and various salad bits
  • 2 dried figs
  • couple of glasses of wine

2 Comments:

Blogger kathryn said...

Hope your headache is better.
I've used the ginger infusion mixed with lemon and honey as a universal panacea. Not forgetting garlic and fresh chillies simmered in chicken stock. They are both potent remedies.

Is your healthier lifestyle perhaps causing some detox symptoms?

What type of body fat monitor do you use? I think I may have to rebuy one of these.

2:01 PM  
Blogger nat said...

I always get headaches when I stop eating so much sugar and bad stuff. I hope the ginger helped. You should also make sure you've got enough electrolytes, especially if you've been exercising a lot.

I hope it's better!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home