Monday, September 11, 2006

Quickie

As the title implies, it's a brief post today. Is it possible for the Princess to do this, you ask (you would have a point there).

This morning my weight is 8st 10 and fat, 29%. It does tend to go quite slowly when I'm doing it this way - not cutting back completely on all the oil and the oily foods. But this is okay, as long as the oil consumed is the right kind. In fact, it's better for you (well, maybe not if you drizzled oil over EVERYTHING). My fat % will go down and I won't have deprived myself too much in the process. However, note that I haven't eaten one biscuit/piece of cake/packet of crisps etc. etc.)


Food today:

  • Porridge with milk
  • dried ready to eat prunes
  • brazil nuts
  • houmous, spinach, red onion, olives, tomato, cucumber (got to use it all up)
  • salmon baked in soy and orange sauce (with spring onions, garlic, ginger), spicy couscous, rocket and various salad bits
  • 3 pints of water
  • 2 cups of black coffee
  • unless I say otherwise, our meals are home-made

Weight 8st 10

Fat 29%

Exercise: 330 cals Dan Karaty's Hotpants workout - 35mins (slipped that one in at 7:45 between putting Charles to bed and eating dinner). This is such a fantastic cardio workout I can feel rivulets of perspiration crawling down my neck as I type. Lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Ours are home-made too, bar the occasional soup. About 6 months ago I started consciously trying to devise menus to help us lose weight; I'm 49, he's 55, our metabolisms are slowing. I drastically reduced a lot of starches, all the things (potatoes, pasta, rice) that tend to be nicest dressed with lots of high-cal fats. Most weeknight meals have no significant starch and relatively little fat/oil: tonight is stir-fry made with tofu and a few cashews and lots of vegetables. Tomorrow will be ratatouille with cold roast pork. We get some 'empty' starch/sugar/fat with occasional weekend desserts, but we now rely on compulsory fruit to finish weeknight meals.
I miss mash or better, colcannon, with my bangers, though!

We've ordered a Tanita scale, a fancy one (he helped choose it). I look forward to reassuring my mother-in-law that my bone density is just fine. I hope.

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home