Sunday, September 10, 2006

Altered State of Mind

Okay, I know it's only been less than a week since I started this, but already I'm seeing some benefit, though not the skinny kind. Whenever I buckle down and shift my focus to a healthy diet and some regular exercise, after a little time I suddenly realise that I haven't been my usual self - I mean the one that worries about contracting a life-threatening disease every five minutes. There are two reasons that a healthy regime has this effect on me:

  1. I'm too busy thinking about eating and doing healthier things to concentrate on bad thoughts.
  2. The very fact that the thing I'm concentrating on is a healthier way of living helps to reassure me that I'm perfectly healthy.

So there you are. Another good reason to "do the right things" lifestyle-wise. I'll still have a little coffee and wine, as I've found that if I don't, I find it more difficult to maintain.

Right, food today:

  • shredded wheat and milk
  • avocado, raw spinach, radish, red onion, olive, ham, houmous, tomatoes, cucumber (you may have noticed that my lunch is often a variation on a theme-it's cost efficient)
  • Thai salad (romaine lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, sesame oil, olive oil, lime juice, red chilli, fish sauce) with glass noodles and chicken.
  • Third of a bottle of rose wine.
  • 2 cups of black coffee
  • 4 pints of water

Weight today 8st 9.5

Fat 30%

Exercise: 300 cals Dan Karate's Hotpants workout (a cardio killer!!!!).

1 Comments:

Blogger nat said...

I'm happy you're doing well! It feels better to be in a nice state of mind, doesn't it?

I like that skinny mirror by the way!

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home