Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Encouraging

Well, I started this mission ten days ago (just before I decided to blog it) and it has already made a difference, not so much on the scales, but enough for me (and Nick, this morning) to notice the difference in my jeans. I couldn't wear the jeans anymore because, although I could squeeze them on, they were uncomfortable and looked pretty bulgy. There's not a huge difference but it's enough to make a difference. And I haven't starved in the process. Just got to keep up the healthy eating and the exercise.

I can't seem to separate the healthy diet part from the exercise part. I know I've said so many times, but I'm an all-or-nothing sort of person and this is the area where it most shows. One of the reasons I sometimes put off the diet bit is the fact that I feel can't do it without exercising, and if I don't feel like committing myself to the exercise, I just can't be bothered with the healthy eating. I can see how ridiculous that is - after all, we should try to eat in a reasonably healthy way every day, regardless of any physical activity (even if it means having the odd treat so we don't feel too deprived). But unless I feel like doing both, I don't feel it's worth it. Talk about making it hard for myself! Especially when I know it's so illogical. Having said that, exercise is what makes all the difference. Not just in losing weight or building muscle, but in general health and feeling great, and not crap. Also, oxygenating your cells through exercise is excellent on the anti-aging front.

Weight: 8st 9
Fat 29%

Exercise: 350 cals
Davina's Power of Three

Food today:
  • shredded wheat
  • tuna with houmous, spinach, olives, sweetcorn, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber
  • pear
  • 1 Carr's cheese melt biscuit
  • prunes
  • 5 pints of water
  • 1 cup of black coffee
  • one big fajita (red, yellow and green peppers, onion, chicken, spices, olive oil, sprinkled with lime juice and wrapped in a wheatflour tortilla wrap)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home