Monday, September 18, 2006

Chow Mein


    Since I still don't have time to concoct a reasonably interesting entry, I'm providing the chow mein recipe, as mentioned recently:

    Serves Two Quite Piggie People
    • 2 blocks of medium egg noodles
    • bunch of spring onions ,cut into whatever size you like
    • a red pepper, whatever size pieces you like
    • some mushrooms, sliced (I use 250g chestnut mushrooms)
    • bag of beansprouts
    • some garlic (I use a whole bulb)
    • some sesame oil
    • some dark soy sauce

    Cook your noodles. Rinse them in cold water immediately, to stop them cooking further and sticking together. Make the sauce by mixing 4 tbsp (yes, tablespoons) of soy sauce with 2tbsp of sesame oil (don't worry, sesame oil is good for you and a good proportion of it will be left behind in the wok, anyway). In olive oil, stir-fry your red pepper, mushrooms and spring onions until they're as you like them. MAKE SURE THERE IS NO EXCESS JUICE LEFT IN THE WOK ONCE THE VEGGIES ARE COOKED-DRAIN IT. Add the beansprouts and garlic and cook just long enough to get them warm, then add the noodles and the sauce and do the same again. Nick has his with spicy prawns. I have it as it is.

    Food today:

    • shredded wheat
    • dried figs
    • dried apricots
    • black grapes
    • mackerel, spinach, red onion, cucumber, half an avocado, olives, sweetcorn,
    • chow mein
    • 4 pints of water
    • 1 cup of black coffee

    Weight: 8st 9

    Fat: 29%

    Exercise: 200cals. squats and stomach. Can't really complain, as burning those 200 cals only took 30 mins, with no travelling time, unlike when I was a gym member. And 30 mins has got to be worth it.

    1 Comments:

    Blogger Cherrypie said...

    That chow mein looks delicious. You are doing much better with your fitness regime ( and blog) than I. Yours looks more like I want my After to look like.

    In my defence I am waiting for some blood test results and an ECG check before I run anymore. One can never be too careful.

    I am following your advice and varying the Shreddies with porridge, Shredded Wheat and Bran Flakes. I fear I am becoming as dull as my diet.

    12:52 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home