Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'm Back (with a vengeance and a new favourite)

So, I hadn't exercised at all since 31st October, when I got a cold ( a nasty one, which is still on my chest now) and then I started throwing up on 9th Nov and it went downhill from there.

I suspect some people think I'm a bit over zealous in my avoidence of colds. I have been known to turn people away at the door, after all. I believe that, though I can catch a cold from a Tesco trolley, if I can avoid one, I will. What's the point in putting yourself in the firing line? No, I detest colds, and the fact that it's potluck whether you get an okay one or a really evil one. The symptoms of the evil ones can stick around for weeks, as I'm finding now. Honestly, I would rather get a sick bug, throw up for a day and then feel great! At least it's over quickly (usually).

The other thing about having a cold is that I just want to eat comfort food non-stop. Mind you, the sick bug soon put paid to that!

So now I'm back to the exercise and back to the healthy eating. Today I discovered frozen soya beans and they are suddenly my favourite quick snack. Just bung them in the micro, like frozen peas (don't even want to know about the dangers of microwaving - it's quite rare I use mine). But these are delicious. Much nicer than the dried ones I roasted a couple of weeks ago. Get some.

Right.

weight: 8st 5.5
Fat: 27%

Food today:
  • home-made smoothie: milk, live yogurt, ground almonds, assortment of frozen berries, honey
  • spinach, tuna, houmous, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, olives (nothing changes around here)
  • 1 apple, 1 orange
  • some ham
  • some soya beans
  • a rich tea biscuit
  • chicken in fresh chilli and lemon and garlic, roasted butternut squash & onion with rocket in balsamic vinegar dressing, roasted green pepper and cherry tomatoes
  • 5 pints of water
  • 1 cup of fresh black coffee

Exercise: 260 cals Davina

1 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

What a weird coincidence! I found frozen soya beans in the freezer of tesco the other day for the first time. They are gorgeous aren't they - I've been putting mine in miso soup to 'beef' it up a bit and give me something to chew on. Sadly my other half as usual would rather be chewing on some actual beef but I hadn't thought of just using them to snack on. Good call. I only use my microwave rarely, to warm things and defrost things and occasionally cook frozen veg in it. I also do not want to know what it is doing to me!

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home