Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Pulling it Back Together

Over the weekend I went off the rails a bit. I only intended to eat a little bit more, just to speed up my metabolism a bit. You know, make sure my body didn't go into hoarding/starvation mode. It's true, that does happen and it does affect fat loss. Anyway, I ate loads of salted peanuts (usually don't go near the salted variety), clotted cream, cornish ice-cream, home-made walnut and chocolate cookies (5 huge ones), chocolate fingers, and loads more. I carried on exercising, as if it makes a difference when I've been that greedy. So now I have to get it under control. I made home-made baked beans yesterday morning and ate some for lunch. They're really delicious. And today I'm making lentil and tomato soup for lunch, and a really tasty chinese dish for dinner this evening.


I must keep going, and not give up just because the weekend was a rocky road of tempatation.

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

I think that's bound to happen now and then. Partly because (for me at least) I miss the taste of such foods, partly because they're full of things we're programmed to crave (fat, sugar, salt) and partly because being careful about what I eat is quite tiring: I feel I deserve a reward, and it's so hard to stop eating that sort of thing once I start. I've so far avoided the problem by not having bad (evil, wicked) foods in the house, which is easy because there's only two of us adults and the cats, and they don't want cookies, and by ignoring the 'rules' on one day each week. Friday is dessert day!

Incidentally, I talked with one of the trainers at the gym about the fat% readings on the body monitors. She said that real females, in real life, usually find it difficult to get much below 28%, and that she advises against taking it too seriously -- aim for the shape and weight that makes you feel comfortable. Mind you, that's easy for her to say :-)

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home