Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Quick Ratatouille

couple of onions
couple of courgettes
an aubergine
a red pepper
a green pepper if you like
cherry tomatoes (I use a minimum of 250g)
tomato puree if, like me, you're cheating a bit
garlic

Use as little olive oil as you can (I'm naughty. I use two tbsp) to fry the onions and soften them up a bit. I use a heavy Le Creuset casserole dish for this. When the onions are looking a bit soft but not brown, add loads of crushed garlic. Give it a stir and then add your sliced courgettes (not too thinly sliced - you don't want them mushy), the diced aubergine, peppers and tomatoes (you can leave them whole) and bung the tight-fitting lid on after giving it a good stir. If once the veggies are tender, it doesn't seem tasty enough, throw in a bit of tomato puree. I know, Gordon wouldn't be pleased (oh, how I fancy Gordon), but never mind. I doubt I'll ever have the pleasure of his company.

The thing is, this is extremely quick to make and lovely and tasty and distinctly lacking in millions of calories. And of course, all the vegetables are nutritious (just add something for protein), though mine probably couldn't muster a single vitamin between them as I got them at Tesco and we all know how they produce their veg.........

Weight: 8st 7
Fat: still 28%
Exercise: 240 cals Hotpants

Food today:
  • shredded wheat
  • ratatouille with some tuna
  • black grapes
  • ham (it's bad; all those preservatives)
  • a few yoghurt-coated cranberries
  • chow mein
  • 4 pints of water
  • 1 cup of black coffee

1 Comments:

Blogger nat said...

my favorite food in the whole world (nearly, chocolate really comes first) is ham from England. Real ham, not the processed packaged stuff, but the stuff from Morrisons in the deli that you can buy by the slice. SO YUMMY. :)

Your weight is going down, but fat isn't? Does the fat percentage take a while to budge? I've never kept track of that aspect of losing weight.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home