Friday, October 06, 2006

Checking In

I just couldn't be bothered to post every day over the last week. Doing all the exercise etc. was enough work on top of everything else in the day. For instance, yesterday we started baking walnut cookies at 8:30, and then spicy couscous and adzuki bean chilli and that took up most of the morning. Then there was cleaning the bathroom and vacuuming etc. etc. Then lunch and quick workout at 1pm-ish...writing the menu and shopping list for next week blah blah blah and then it was Charlie's dinner time....playing with the train set, bedtime for Charlie, another PROPER workout, dinner for me, a bit of knitting and then bed.

See what I mean?

I have been working really hard on getting the fat percentage down. Although I really do look sleeker, minus clothing, it's not really reflected so much on the scales. Well, that's what I say, and then I remember I've lost 3 or 4% body fat and I have to remind myself that it's excellent results in just five weeks. My clothes feel and look so much better, although I still have a big wad of fat on my hips and my upper thigh has always been relatively chubby. So, keep going I must.

Measurements
Hips: 35 ( 37)
Arms: 10 6/8 (11)
Thighs: 21.5 (21.5)
waist: 28 (30.5)

Weight: 8st 7.5 (8st 12)
Fat: 27% (31%)

Exercise: 330 cals. A mixture of Joanna Hall and Hotpants
In brackets are the measurements of five weeks ago. As you can see, my thighs are the same. I'm not imagining it. So annoying. But on the plus side, my midriff has come in considerably (as have my hips) and I'm pleased about that. I'm sure that's due to the pilates stomach exercises in the Charlie Brooks dvd.


Food today:
  • shredded wheat (surprise again)
  • black grapes, pear and kiwi fruit
  • almonds and walnuts
  • spicy couscous and tuna
  • two cheesy Carr's biscuits
  • small packet of yoghurt-coated cranberries
  • some ham
  • adzuki bean chilli with brown and wild rice and raw baby sweetcorn. Yum.
  • red wine (it's the weekend)

2 Comments:

Blogger nat said...

You're doing great! Doesn't it feel good? :)

8:25 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

Those results are fantastic! I'm especially envious of your new body fat ratio.

3:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home