Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Fab Workout

Today, having become just a little bored with rotating the same exercise DVDs all the time, I borrowed a copy of Charlie Brooks' Before and After Workout. I was so sure it would be rubbish that I didn't want to risk wasting my money on it. How wrong could I be!

This workout is a good one if you don't mind a few initially-challenging steps and working up a sweat. I enjoyed the first two parts so much I hadn't even realised I'd already burnt a pile of calories. Although the Davina Power of 3 is effective, you really know you're working hard right from the beginning, but with Charlie's it's enough fun and the steps are complicated enough to take your mind off the work. The "high intensity" bit nearly killed me though. I enjoyed that. No, really, I did. It was still fun. And I even liked the pilates cooldown. I don't even usually bother with a cooldown but this one is great for the stomach and not too hard for me. It's not your usual crunches and that's what I like. Another positive is the fact that Charlie looks so fantastic you just have no choice but to feel motivated, especially as there's some footage of her at the beginning of the dvd at the point where she's only just started on her fitness regime. The difference is quite startling. Go girl, go! Wonder if she still looks that good a year later...........

The downside is purely that I would probably expire if I did this every day, so I'll just do it several times a week, after all my heart rate was up to 182 bpm quite a lot of the time. Much higher than I'm told it should go for my age. But if I feel discomfort I do stop. I've done some fitness tests based on my resting heart rate and they have come out as excellent, so I probably shouldn't worry. Enough......On with the facts for today:

weight: 8st 8
Fat: 28% (I worked out today that almost all of the weight I've lost is fat and I'm very pleased)
Exercise: 440 cals Charlie Brooks

Food today:
  • shredded wheat with full fat milk as usual
  • ratatouille
  • green beans and a little brown pasta
  • roasted butternut squash & onions with rocket in balsamic vinegar & olive oil, chicken stir-fried with spices, roasted cherry tomatoes and green peppers
  • some figs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home