Sunday, October 15, 2006

Built For Speed


I was going to call this entry "Comfy Jeans" and then the OH walked in and said, "wow! You really look built for speed today, babe". Imagine it in a Bill Nighy voice (though Nick's voice is nothing like that, thank heavens) and you'll understand the tone of this comment. Infer from it what you will.

Anyway, I was having a what-to-wear crisis six weeks ago before going out to see a friend in a band, when last I tried on these jeans. I remember turning to Nick and wailing that I couldn't even wear them with the biggest and baggiest jumper ever, as my stomach and hips hung out so far over the top, it was obscene. You probably think I'm exaggerating. Honestly I'm not. It was a lot of flesh to see (shudder). But now, I can even sit down in them without causing huge ripples of flesh to hang over (just small ones now).

I've been feeling really quite demotivated, thinking I'm doing so badly and failing miserably and now I feel better. These jeans have told me I'm not doing so badly. In fact, I'm now built for speed. Yeah.

Funny thing is, I've only lost five pounds in six weeks, though that has mostly been fat. Five pounds of fat must take up a lot of space, if you think about it. And I would have done better if I hadn't had at least five or six serious lapse days. I guess this proves you can trim up without completely depriving yourself (I have been exercising a lot, though). Trouble is, though I can see results, I'm not happy with my less-than-perfect attempt at eating well. Oh, I'm hard on myself, as I eat better than every other person I know (bloglanders excluded).

Enough. I'm fed up with talking about myself.

2 Comments:

Blogger nat said...

You look great. Isn't it nice when smaller clothes start to fit? :) It's more fun when they're way to big to wear though. :p

5lbs of fat is a lot of mass really, it's great that you've done that well.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An inspiration - I must get my (wobbly) backside into action and lose some blubber! Personally I'd kill (well not literally) to look like that in a pair of jeans!

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home