Monday, October 23, 2006

Progress

Yes, I'm still here. I'm pleased to say that my fat percentage has been at 27% for the last five days. As you'll see, it did reach 27% on odd days in the past few weeks, but not consistently over a period of time. Now, it seems firmly at 27%. As the weight comes off, though, I'm expecting it to jump back up to 28% temporarily, as this is the pattern my weightloss seems to follow. Eventually I'd like to get it down to about 25% but all indications are that it might take a while; after all, it's taken fifty days to get it from 30% to 27% - and it's more difficult the lower you go.

As you've probably noticed, I don't belive in cutting out the calorie-dense but nutritious things, like olive oil in my cooking, nuts, avocado, etc. But I also haven't completely stopped eating the really truly bad things, like golden syrup (yum), clotted cream (yum)...and other baddies. I should mention that I am coming to terms with the fact that you can have a little of what you fancy every now and then, without considering it "bad", and feeling guilty. If it's not too often, it's not going to do me any harm, or hamper my efforts. And it's not healthy to feel guilty all the time, when really I'm doing so well.

Weight: 8st 7
fat: 27%

I've lost almost three inches from my waist and hips (each!) and half an inch from my arms and thighs. I wish my thighs had lost three inches! Still, I'm pleased and am still full of motivation.


I'm exercising for at least five days a week. It's simple: I make sure the ingredients for my evening meals are prepared in the afternoon (garlic is peeled, chillis are chopped, veg prepared, etc) and I exercise between 7:30 and 8:30, after Charles goes to bed. Then I have dinner. It's a case of fitting in the exercise when I can. Not many people really have the time to spare. It's almost always a case of making the time, of squeezing it in somehow. A friend, who is desperate to get fit, recently asked when I exercise. Her response when I told her was that exercising at that time would absolutely kill her and she didn't have any other time she could fit it in. In other words, it isn't as important to her as she thinks it is! I know it's hard to get motivated - but if you want to do it, you can.

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

Yes! With that attitude -- allowing yourself a little of what you fancy now and then -- you've lost the heaviest burden of all: the guilt. And if I was wearing a hat I'd take it off to you for exercising in the evening, when you're tired at the end of the day anyway. I hope you (and everyone else) gives you full credit for the sheer willpower that takes.

1:05 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Hi there, not sure how I reached your blog, been following lots of links and kind of ended up here! Anyway, just wanted to congratulate you on your weight loss so far and to encourage you to keep going, I know how hard it is to lose weight and I need to be aiming for your kind of commitment to eating nice food but not too much etc, plus doing all that exercise, good on yer, good luck it all, Hx

10:31 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Me again, been browsing your archives from this fitness blog you have going and wanted to tell you that you've inspired me to start another blog myself on a similar but different theme of recovering fitness while suffering from fibromyalgia. I've put on about ten pounds in weight while being ill over the past year mostly due to change in activity levels rather than diet but being at home more has definitely encouraged me to eat more biscuits etc and reading your efforts has really inspired me to take the bull by the horns and sort my life out! Thanks hugely. There will be a link to my new blog from Purlpower in the next couple of days if you ever want to stop by and say hello.

1:19 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Geez, me again, sorry, I am starting to look like a stalker. Just letting you know that rather than do a link from Purlpower I have decided to keep the blogs fairly separate so here's the link:
http://reclaimlifeback.blogspot.com/

1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home