Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Carrot, Orange & Coconut Soup

Make this soup! Oh, but you absolutely must. It's so simple and quick to make - and so delicious I just can't say. This soup is extremely smooth and silky, with a slightly sweet yet tangy taste. Adjust the quantity of orange juice to your preference. As the oranges were tasty but a little sharp this time, I only used one and a half, and added 1tsp of sugar (unusual for me). I forgot to take a photo, which is a shame, as the soup is a vibrant bright orange.

450/500g of carrots, sliced
2 large oranges, juiced
20g creamed coconut
a little olive oil for frying onions
one medium onion
garlic, if desired
about 1 1/2 pts stock

Chop and fry the onions (and garlic, if you're using it) with the lid on your casserole dish/saucepan, to stop them browning (you could do this part with water instead of oil if you like). Once the onions are soft, add the carrots and the stock, Simmer with the lid on until they're cooked. Blend, after cooling a little. Reheat gently and add the orange juice and creamed coconut. Season to taste. Delicious!

1 Comments:

Blogger sarah said...

mmmm. He would hate it, I would love it. When I perfect my version of my mother's coconut-orange cake I'll post that. It's not as healthy, though :-)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home