Monday, February 12, 2007

For Goodness Sake!

I have already failed! The day after I started back on the healthy thing, I got a cold. The sort that makes you feel a bit crap. Carried on eating healthily for two days (including juicing all kinds of fruit and veg) and then thought, oh well, I can't exercise so I might as well eat some nice things now, and then get back on it when I'm feeling better. And of course, that scan thing is tomorrow, and I'm thinking I'll be more focused after tomorrow. But that's probably not true, as once they've ruled out kidneys, liver, gall bladder, etc. etc (assuming they do) I'll be worrying that it's my lungs instead. Or my stomach, or something. That's how bad I can be. But the point is, why do I make these excuses to put off the things I should do, when that's exactly what they are - excuses? I've always worked better and been more productive with a deadline hanging over my head. And that isn't relevant when it comes to eating heathily, or at least, not in the same way.

I have only fallen off the wagon in as much as I have eaten several large handfuls of peanuts, but still, I know what wicked plans I have in my head for this evening. I will try not to fall off completely. It's not just a weight thing. In fact, it's not the weight thing that niggles away and worries me. It's the health thing. Now, that's crazy. You would think someone like me would ensure that never a bad thing entered my digestive system. But no. Although compared to most people I do eat well. Maybe I'm being OC about this. After all, there are so many terribly obese people out there who seem relatively healthy - who don't succumb to life-threatening diseases. Trouble is, I also know of so many previously heathy and fit people who have. You can go on rationalising one way or the other. It doesn't do any good. Wouldn't it be great if we could switch our thoughts off for a while!

Frankie, if you read this, good luck with your mammogram (and thinks for your good wishes). I've never had a mammogram, so I don't know what it's like. But aren't we lucky that there is a whole network of people taking care of us?

I will try not to sound so depressing next time! Just so you know, I am very happy. I'm not depressed at all, just neurotic!!

5 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Dude, try and stop fretting. Eat some nice fruit and good luck with the scanning thingybobby.

2:08 AM  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I've enhanced the privacy of my 'reclaim' blog as it has attracted some unwanted attention! I'd like to allow you to read it whenever you want so please can you send me your email add? My email is: rovingriceyATyahooDOTcoDOTuk with the spam filters replaced!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Alice said...

I've tried to send you my e-mail address, but the e-mails are being returned. Anyway, it's cmoon@btinternet.com
!

6:02 AM  
Blogger T said...

You ok? I know you don't blog when you've nothing to say (unlike me, lol!)but I am hoping you're alright, seeing as I know how the old head can get sometimes. I've got a scan looming so the hypochondria is running havoc!
xx

3:42 PM  
Blogger kathryn said...

Sorry I've missed your health updates as I've not read your fitness blog for a while. Hope your scan went alright and you're feeling more positive now.. It's difficult to get on with normal life when you have these sort of worries hanging over you.

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home